Shop Pressure Washers
Featured Pressure Washers
More Information About Pressure Washers
Choosing The Right Pressure Washers
There are many pressure washers on the market and choosing the right one can be the difference between having a pleasant time blasting away dirt or a frustrating time getting wet.
We have outlined some of the most common things to consider when choosing a pressure washer to ensure that you get the right kit for the job, ensuring you work quickly and efficiently.
We supply pressure washers from both Karcher and Nilfisk Alto, two of the biggest names in the pressure washer industry, both offer a great, dependable product at a great price point.
For Domestic Users
You will almost certainly need a domestic machine, they are designed to happily work for a few hours each week, and have practicality and easy mobility in mind. The domestic kits come with suitable kit and accessories to use in and around the home environment.
Domestic machines are great for: Cleaning block paving, caravans and of course, car washing.
For Commercial & Industrial Users
When looking at larger machines in the commercial ranges there is the choice between hot and cold pressure washers. When looking at these machines it is important to consider the pros and cons of both hot and cold machine types. There are also some other factors that need to be kept in mind that we will outline below;
Cold Pressure Washers (MC)
Cold pressure washers are brilliant for cutting through mud and muck that is often found on the outsides of farming equipment, and offroad vehicles. It is also great at shifting algae and staining from block paving.
Pros of cold pressure washers
- Easier to setup and use than hot water machine
- Requires less maintenance than a hot water machine
- Is cheaper to run (requires no heating fuel)
Cons of cold pressure washers
- Cleaning times can be longer on tougher cleaning applications when compared to a hot machine.
- Cold water is less effective at removing grease and oil and will need detergent to boost cleaning performance.
Hot Pressure Washers (MH)
Hot water is brilliant for cleaning applications wherever there is grease, fats and oil based contamination present, such as when cleaning machinery, the working parts of farm & construction equipment and cleaning animal enclosures.
Pros of hot pressure washers
- Much more effective at shifting grease and oil based contamination than a cold machine,
- Offers faster cleaning of heavy duty cleaning tasks.
Cons of hot pressure washers
- The machine will require more maintenance to keep it in A1 condition due to having more components.
- More expensive to run than a cold water machine due to needing heating oil.