- £188.65 each
- Ex VAT: £157.21
- Free Next Working Day Delivery *
- 2 Year Warranty Collected & Repaired Free
- Secure Payment Secure SSL Checkout.
- Brand:Numatic Cleaning Products
- Product Code:830614
- Availability:In Stock
Numatic WV470-2 Wet and Dry Vac
The Numatic WV470 / WVT470 (transparent) commercial wet and dry vacuum offers a fantastic balance between performance, capacity and diversity. It also offers great value for money as you are effectively getting two machines for the price of one (more on this further down the page)
The vacuum is built onto a sturdy base with a trolley format making it easy to move around form area to area on site. Large rear wheels make the vacuum very stable even on slightly uneven surfaces.
What is a wet or dry Vacuum?
The WV470 is a great example of a medium spec wet and dry vac, it is classified as wet and dry because it is able to work in both wet and dry modes, meaning both water and similar fluids can be collected as well as the normal dust and dirt a standard vacuum cleaner would collect.
How do I change between wet and dry use?
Switching the WV 470 from wet to dry mode is a very simple 3 stage process,
- Remove the vacuum power head
- Switch the Wet Filter for a Dry Filter and bag or vice versa.
- Replace the Vacuum power head.
Once the filters are switched over your vacuum is ready to go and you can carry on working with your chosen medium.
It is important to note that these machines although capable of dealing with dry waste and wet waste separately they are not designed to deal with wet and dry waste at the same time. For example if you are using the vacuum to suck up a puddle of water and spot a pile of dust it is best to switch to dry mode to collect this dust than to continue in wet mode.
If you require the ability to collect both at the same time please contact us as we are able to provide machines with this ability.
Is this machine suitable for me?
This machine over the years that we have been selling it has proven itself time and time again to be very well suited to applications where people need a smaller footprint for the machine but still require a larger capacity than that available with some of the smaller wet and dry vacuum cleaners.
The 470 is able to work with larger wet capacities and dry capacities than some of the industrial machines in the Numatic range.
We have found the WV470 to be especially popular with pubs, schools, contract cleaners and property maintenance companies that all need machines that are easy to store, can be moved through kitchens and tight spaces, yet hold plenty of waste.
The lightweight of the wet vac also makes the machine easy to use for almost any operator.
How do I empty the Machine
- Wet Mode - Emptying the machine when in wet mode is simple, simply unclip and remove the power head, remove the wet filter, then raise the handle and tip the machine out over the handle into your chosen waste receptacle.
- Dry Mode - In dry mode the vacuum is just as easy to empty, simply unclip and remove the WV470 power head, pop the filters out, remove the dust bag and discard as necessary.
Do I have to use dust bags?
As with any vacuum when using the WV470 in dry mode we always recommend running the machine with a dust bag in place. This is for several reasons including the following;
- Vacuum bags protect your investment – The vacuum bag acts as the first 3 layers of filtration, and although the vacuum will be happy to work with some types of material without the bag in place others will pass through and make it to the motors where the dust can cause permanent damage.
- Easier to Empty – The bag makes the vacuum very easy to empty as it is almost like having a bin liner in place that can be lifted out.
- Cleaner to work with – as mentioned above the bags hold the waste, so when emptying the waste is contained, therefore there is no dust cloud and little to no waste to clear from the inside of the drum.
What is the difference between the blue and clear version?
Colour and colour alone, both machines come with the same kit and same motor head, the only difference is that on the clear WVT470 version you can see what waste you are collecting (which could be a good or bad thing depending on what you are collecting). Seeing what is in the vacuum can be a good thing if you want to be able to see when the machine is getting full.
How do you know when the machine is full when using it wet?
When using the WV470 in wet mode the wet float provides protection for the vacuum motors and also an automatic water and airflow cut off when the machine becomes full. A simple float within the wet filter prevents air passing through the vacuum once it is full cutting off suction so no more water can be collected (this is another good reason to ensure you have the right filter in place when using the machine).
The air being cut off also provides a noticeable change in the sound of the vacuum that indicates the machine is full and needs emptying.
How much warranty does it come with?
This vacuum is provided with a 2 year manufactures warranty that covers any manufacturing faults and genuine faults with the machine. Within this we offer a no hassle service where we (Avern) will pay to have the vacuum collected from you and sent back out to you so any warranty problems will not cost you a penny.
Do I need the 230V or 110V version of the WV470?
If you want to use your machine in a pub, school or similar environment where all mains plugs on the walls are the same as you would have on your home kettle then the 230/240V variant is the right choice for you. If however you are looking to use this on a building site or in a factory workshop you may well need the 110V variant, in this instance if you are unsure it is best to give us a call on our Freephone number to double check which is best suited to your needs.
I want to collect Oil and Swarf? Is this the right machine for me?
Not really. You need to be looking at its cousin the WV470SC Swarf Vacuum.
- Two Machines In One - Save space and money by getting one machine that can do two jobs.
- Large Capacity in a Compact Footprint - Ideal for small workshops, swimming pools and schools.
- Giant Dry Filters - Big dust bags and a large basket filter make this machine very easy to work with.
- Great Mobility - The push along trolley system makes this vacuum easy to move around on site.
- Want a smaller machine? - Try the WV370 wet dry vacuum.
- Want a bigger capacity Machine? Try the WVD900 Industrial machine.
- Want more power? - Try the WVD570 twin motor vacuum,
- Cheaper Alternative? - Try the AERO21 Nilfisk Vacuum.
Return to Commercial Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaners
*Next Working Day Delivery to Mainland UK only (excludes Highlands, NI & Islands). Valid Only for orders placed before 2pm Monday - Friday.
|Power Source||230V AV 50/60Hz (110V Available)|