Winter Delivery Times
During the festive period our phone lines will be closed from the 22nd of December at 12:30pm through to the 2nd of January 8am . Our last shipping day before the New Year is the 19th of December, all order need to be placed before 2pm, all order placed after this will be dispatched on the 2nd of January. If you are in an urgent hurry for your item please call us on 0800 9788 499 to confirm stock levels and delivery times before ordering.
- How do I order?
- How can I pay?
- Do you accept Public Sector purchase orders?
- I am not sure which product is right for me who do I speak to?
- How long will my item take to arrive?
- How will I know when to expect delivery?
- How much does delivery cost?
- What areas do you deliver to?
- Can I return an unwanted item?
- My item has arrived damaged or faulty, what do I do?
1. How do I order?
- Online - You can place your order online with ease, simply navigate to the item that your require. Select the quantity that you require, and where appropriate select product options, then click the "add to cart" button. Once this is done you can click the checkout link at the top right of the page and quickly proceed through the checkout system.
- Over The Phone - If you would prefer to place your order over the phone this is also welcomed, please phone our sales office on the numbers shown in the header or footer and one of our sales team will be happy to assist you.
2. How can I pay?
- By card online - We accept payment by all major credit and debit cards excluding American Express. Payments online are processed through Global Iris (Part of HSBC). This is done securely without any card information being passed to ourselves.
- Online Chat - No time to speak on the phone? message our online chat in the bottom right corner who will take your delivery details & what items you require then they'll ring you up for payment.
- By Card over the phone - If you would prefer to pay over the phone please call the contact number shown in the header of the website, one of our sales team can then assist you in paying for your items.
- By Paypal - We accept paypal payments for all orders under £200.00 (INC VAT) this can be done by going through the standard checkout process on our website.
- By Cheque - Cheque payments should be made out to “Avern Industrial Cleaning Supplies” and sent to: Avern Cleaning Supplies, Unit 7 Shrub Hill Ind’ Est’, Shrub Hill, Worcester, WR4 9EL, United Kingdom.
- By Bank Transfer - Payments by bank transfer should be made into the following account; Sort Code: 40-47-17 Account Number: 81664417. Please where possible include your company name and order reference if paying by Bank transfer.
3. Do you accept Public Sector purchase orders?
If you work for the public sector, including Schools, NHS, Local Authorities, Armed Forces and other government departments we will accept an official purchase order.
We will require the following to process your order;
- Official Order Number
- Delivery Address (Inc delivery contact name, and contact phone number)
- Invoice Address (Inc Accounts contact name and contact phone number)
- Fax Number (If Applicable)
- Products Required
When calculating your total please remember that a delivery charge of £6.80 + VAT is applicable to all orders under £80.00 (excluding VAT).
Official orders should be sent to us in any of the following ways;
- Fax to 01905 887119
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to Avern Cleaning Supplies, Unit 7 Shrub Hill Ind’ Est’, Shrub Hill, Worcester, WR4 9EL, United Kingdom.
4. I am not sure which product is right for me who do I speak to?
If you need any help in choosing the right product you can either consult our buying guides on our blog here: https://www.averncleaningsupplies.com/blog/ or alternatively you can phone our sales team on our Freephone number where our sales staff will be happy to help talk you through any questions you may have and help you get the right product for your needs.
5. How long will my item take to arrive?
We have three main classes of delivery these are as follows;
- Next Day – This service is applicable to all units marked as “Free Next Day Delivery”. These items will arrive the following working day ( Mon - Fri) if you place your order before 2pm on a week day. If you do not see the ‘Free Next Day’ message and require your item the following working day please call us as we can often arrange this for you either free of charge or for a small fee.
- Standard Delivery
- Large Items - Standard delivery is generally next working day for most large items like chemicals, janitorial equipment and machines but depending on where stock is located may be up to 3 – 6 working days. If delivery is to be any longer than this we will phone you within 24 hours to advise of the delay.
- Small Items – This covers things shown as free delivery such as vacuum bags, hoses, and other smaller accessories. These are generally dispatched the same day but are sent by post on a 3 – 5 day service. If delivery is to be any longer than this we will phone you within 24 hours to advise of the delay
- Built to order – Built to order items are generally delivered within 5 working days, however delivery times up to 3 weeks can be common on some items. If you require a delivery urgently for a built to order item please phone us before ordering to get an estimated delivery time.
6. How will I know when to expect delivery?
- For Online Orders – If you placed your order online you will get an email informing you that your order has been “shipped” on the day that it leaves us. If you order was for larger items or a lot of smaller items you should expect to receive your order the following working day. If you provided a mobile phone number or email address during checkout you will receive a text-message or email from our couriers advising of a delivery date which is normally for the following working day.
- For phone orders – You will be given an estimated delivery time when placing the order over the phone. When your order is ready for dispatch we will generally phone you or organise for our couriers to text-message or email you to advise that the order is leaving us and when to expect delivery.
7. How much does delivery cost?
- To Zone 1 (See Zone Chart Below) - We have three main standard postage rates these are as follows;
- FREE – This does as it says on the tin and is free of charge to all “Zone 1” (see below for zone guide) areas. There are two ways to qualify for free delivery. You can either purchase an item marked as “Free Delivery” or purchase goods equal to or over the value of £80.00 excluding VAT.
- £6.80 (+VAT) Standard Delivery – This is applicable to all non-free delivery items that weigh over 1KG.
- £2.25 (+ VAT) Small Package Post – This is applicable to all small non-free delivery items that weigh under 0.9Kg.
- To Zone 2 (see Zone Chart Below):
- £20.00 (+VAT) – This surcharge is applied to all orders being sent to Zone 2.. This applies to all items including those marked as free delivery.
- £26.80 (+VAT) Standard Delivery – This is applicable to all non-free delivery items that weigh over 1KG.
8. What areas do you deliver to?
We have two main delivery zones, these are shown in the image below as “Zone 1” and “Zone 2” the postage costs for each zone can be seen above. If you are unsure of which area you come under please contact us.
9. Can I return an unwanted item?
If you are a private consumer Yes – If you are a consumer and less than 30 days have passed from when the item was received and the item you ordered was not “built to order” and is unused we are happy to take it back and give you a full refund.
To arrange the return of an item please complete the following process:
- Phone or email our sales team to advise them that you wish to return an item.
- Ensure your item is well packed and in suitable (ideally the original) packaging with all of its accessories.
- Place your returns number as advised by the sales team on the outside of the package.
- Arrange the return of the item to ourselves. This can be completed in one of two ways, you can send the item back by your own courier (at your cost & risk) to: Returns, Avern Cleaning Supplies, Unit 7 Shrub Hill Ind’ Est’, Shrub Hill, Worcester, WR4 9EL, United Kingdom. Alternatively we can arrange for the item to be collected by our couriers at a charge of £16.00 + VAT,(900+) machines may have an increased fee, this will be deducted from your refund. Our sales team will discuss the options with you when you advise us of your wish to return an item.
If the item you ordered was built to order then we will be unable to accept it back into stock as it will have been made especially for yourself.
If you are a commercial user - Aslong as the machine has not been USED . A restocking fee will apply of 10% + Return carriage costs please contact us for further details.
10. My item has arrived damaged or faulty, what do I do?
If your item has arrived with you in an unsatisfactory condition or it is faulty, you must notify us within 7 working days of receipt of the item. We will then organize for your item to be collected Free of Charge and a replacement item will be dispatched.
If your item arrives with damaged packaging then you must sign for the consignment as DAMAGED, otherwise we may be unable to process your claim in the unlikely event that the item within is damaged.